Plasma source of life
Plasma is the liquid portion of human blood. The vast majority of plasma – 92 percent – is composed of water. The other 8 percent of plasma is made up of essential proteins and antibodies that help sustain our body's vital functions. A shortage of any one of these plasma proteins, such as albumin or immunoglobulins, can give rise to one of many life-threatening illnesses.
To restore or replace missing proteins, patients are often administered protein therapies that are derived from human plasma. Grifols develops and manufactures these specialized protein therapies and distributes them in more than 90 countries worldwide.